When people think of a positive mental attitude they often think of Yes people, or people that are just always happy and excited for life. I do think that most people who think and act with positivity can across that way for some things but the excitement isn’t really what positivity is all about. Having a positive mental attitude does make you feel a bit more can-do, it can really help with setting goals, increase your self confidence but it doesn’t mean you need to be overbearing with it.
I find, when you begin changing your inner dialogue to a positive one, you start seeing a bit of a shift. You will naturally smile and laugh more as you’re thinking and speaking about yourself in a positive way. This is a great step in improving your mental attitude towards everything because you’re starting with your kind of be all and end all. You are starting with how you think and feel about yourself. There is a lot to be said about those that have the confidence to really like who they are as a person or just accept and are happy with who they are.
The next thing to work on is the people that you surround yourself with. If you are surrounded by positive people who are like minded and interesting and you will also be seen as positive, likeable and interesting. Like attracts like according to the Law of Attraction and that is the same for the people we surround ourselves with. It’s important to create that positive, open minded talking space with other people and to be with people that make you feel good about yourself.
When this leads to having a positive mental attitude you will really start to see the benefits
- You will be more in tune with yourself, your wants, fears, desires and goals
- You will become more productive
- You will care about achieving your goals more and automatically work towards them in a positive way
- Your self confidence and self worth will increase
- You will enjoy the people you spend time with more
- People will naturally be drawn to you for advice, but do not let their negative attitudes or drama become part of you. You may find, however, that you can see a different angle to their problem
- You will be happy to speak about topics you’re passionate about with others and have that confidence to know what you’re talking about
- You will feel better about yourself and your lifestyle
- You will make more positive changes which will allow you to align with the universe and manifest more of what you really want
- Thinking positively does not mean you can’t and won’t think realistically but it does mean you will see things differently and that will help you reach your goals