As an individual that suffers with anxiety and has done throughout my teens and pregnancy I know that a huge part in learning to cope with that on a regular basis is increasing how you view yourself, your self worth and building up your self confidence.
I think this all starts with learning to like who you are as a person, what you stand for and learning to love every part about you. It can be really tough to truly love and accept ourselves for who we are, past mistakes and flaws we see when we look in the mirror and I feel as we get older this is something that certainly gets easier to deal with.
As we spend more time within ourselves, perhaps in our own company or going through lifestyle changes that may see us only having ourselves to depend on we see growth and change. With these periods there is of course an amount of fear, of the unknown and of our ability to cope but the more challenges we face I truly believe the stronger we become. We become stronger because we know exactly what we can deal with, we have more confidence in our abilities and choices.
I think another thing that is really important in affecting our self worth and confidence is the people we spend time with. Having a positive support network of people you feel truly comfortable around is great at building yourself up. Being around inspiring Yes people who listen and understand. If you are wanting to ditch the negativity in your life then really consider the five people you spend the most time with and how they make you feel.
- Take time for self care and doing something you love and enjoy
- Do something that makes you feel passionate like a hobby
- Continue learning for as long as you can in a field you are interested in
- Look in the mirror and take the time to say to yourself that you like who you are
- Focus on improving your positive inner dialogue
- Do something that makes you happy everyday
- Write a gratitude list and read it, it makes you feel good about what you have
- Don’t compare yourself to others, it doesn’t serve you
- Try a new hobby, activity or skill
- Spend time with people you love and that make you feel amazing