When it comes to keeping ourselves feeling and thinking positive we often need to find a source of balance. Sometimes there is a block in the path or we feel out of sync. A great way of trying to get us back on track is my finding a way to balance our Chakras. I believe our body is made up of flowing energies and when we feel like we’re lacking or stressed it can lead to a block or for one of those chakras to be a little out of whack.
There are a few things we can do to put them back into balance:
- Chakra Meditation
- Chakra Specific Affirmations
- Chakra Massage
- Colour Vibration
- Chakra Stones or Crystals
Some like to wear a chakra balancing bracelet and use a few drops of a specific essential oil to help them achieve a bit more balance. There are also chakra specific yoga routines which are amazing for getting things back on track.
The seven chakras of the body are:
- Root – Being grounded. This is like our foundation. When you visualise being grounded and in a seat you might think of roots of a tree coming from your root chakra deep into the earth holding you still. If you’re feeling a bit out of it then regrounding your Root chakra through visualisation could really help. Inhaling Frankincense whilst visualising grounding and focusing on breathing might enhance this.
- Sacral – In the lower abdomen, just below our naval. Our sensuality and sexuality, ability to connect with other people. If you’re feeling lonely or in need of affection or just lacking contact with someone this Chakra could be out of balance. Jasmine and Clary Sage are perfect for balancing this chakra and as they have strong connections with helping contractions in childbirth it’s no wonder they are connected.
- Solar Plexus – Upper abdomen, stomach. Our ability to be confident, self assured and productive. If you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed, vulnerable or feel the fear this is the chakra to focus on. Juniper and Lemon are great essential oils for this fragrance. I find Lemon really gives me a boost (so does Gin…Juniper there…) and this can make me feel really productive.
- Heart – Right in the middle of the chest, the heart chakra represents our ability to love. Jasmine is recommended here again as it’s a naturally sensual fragrance. Others to consider are rose, lavender, bergamot and ylang ylang which I personally feel are all quite loving, calming and relaxing scents.
- Throat – Located in the throat and is our ability to communicate with others. Peppermint is a great essential oil here and peppermint tea is perfect if you’re suffering with a bit of a sore throat or want to warm up the vocal cords.
- Third Eye – Focusing and seeing the bigger picture. Rosemary, Lemon and Pine are great essential oils for balancing this chakra and I think it’s because they have that fresh zing scent that really wakes you up. Lemon in particular really helps me to focus and pine is a cleaning scent. It kind of clears things away and brings them into focus for me.
- Crown – Right at the top of your head is the crown chakra and this is linked to our spirituality. Again frankincense is a great essential oil to use here as is Neroli. These are so nice to help in meditation and visualisation.
Each has a different colour and provides a different purpose for you so it’s really good to try and understand what the deep root cause is that you’re struggling with so that you can balance those Chakras back up again. Having balance throughout the chakras can really help if you’re trying to manifest something into your life.