Having a baby can be an absolutely wonderful experience. However, it can also raise levels of anxiety and stress. There are plenty of ways you can relax throughout pregnancy and make it a really positive experience for yourself and your family.
- Reiki – This can be very relaxing and help with energy levels. It’s important to find a therapist that is able to perform Reiki with pregnant women
- Hypnobirthing – A great way to relax your mind and body throughout pregnancy as well as help manage pain effectively during labour and birth. Many studies have shown that hypnobirthing can have a really positive effect on women in labour.
- Positive Affirmations – Saying these out loud with feeling and meaning a few times a day helps to reinforce that pregnancy, labour and birth are an exciting and positive thing. It’s very normal to feel a little fear and anxiety about giving birth but your body is completely capable and anything you can do to help reinforce that in your subconcious and concious mind is ideal
- Meditating – this can help because it’s so hard to find time for ourselves throughout pregnancy but just having a little bit of time to focus on ourselves, breathing and picturing that ideal birth, whatever choices you have made, will help you have a positive birth
- Aqua Natal – gentle exercise can help relieve some stress and strain on the joints. Aqua natal is a great way to meet other expectant mums in the local area
- Childbirth Aromatherapy – if you have hired a doula, this may be a service they offer, or you may have a practitioner in your hospital. Why not find out, this can be very therapeutic to you during labour.
I hope these have given you some good ideas on how you can make pregnancy, labour and birth a positive and exciting experience. The most important thing is having a good plan in mind and on paper for what you want, whatever your choices. I wish you a positive pregnancy and a happy, healthy birth for your mind and body.